Thames Teachers is one London’s leading Education recruitment companies. We are an agency run by teachers that provide excellent support and guidance throughout the recruitment process. Thames Teachers pays the highest rates in London guaranteed.
Find a job
Find a job
Working in SEN
London has a large variety of schools and education centres that require very different teaching styles and expertise to a mainstream classroom. If you have not yet had any exposure to working with Special Education Needs you may find working with SEN extremely rewarding.
An example of some of the Special Needs they cater for as follows:
• EBD – Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties
• MLD – Moderate Learning Difficulties
• ASD – Autism Spectrum Disorder
• SLD – Severe Learning Difficulties
• Asperger Syndrome
• ADHD – Attention Deficit hyperactivity Disorder
• PMLD – Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties (students with a learning disability coupled with a physical, mental or sensory disability)
• Down ’s syndrome
• Makaton (a language communication programme that utilises signs and symbols that helps Autistic students to communicate)
• PECS – Picture Exchange Communication System (a communication aid that utilises pictures as well as words to facilitate understanding for non-verbal students)