Thames Teachers are working with a number of Secondary Schools across West London who are looking for Cover Supervisors on a daily basis to cover sickness and absence. Cover supervision is a great opportunity for individuals to gain teaching and classroom experience before completing a PGCE.
The main duties of a Cover Supervisor are:
• Supervising the cover work set by the absent Teacher.
• Ensuring the children have the required resources and knowledge to complete the work set by the Teacher.
• Managing the behaviour of pupils during the lesson to ensure all work is completed to a high standard.
• Being on hand to assist with any question the children may have regarding the work.
• Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies.
• Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
·Experience of working with children within a school setting ( Ideally secondary)
·Strong classroom presence and ability to manage behaviour as and when needed,
·Ability to build a rapport with children, staff and parents
·Bachelor’s Degree/Equivalent (Please note this is desired but not essential)
To apply for this particular position, please submit your CV via the button below. Should your application meet the selection criteria, you will be contacted shortly via a member of the Thames Teachers team. Thames Teachers will run an initial registration interview to be followed by either an interview, lesson observation or trial day at the school’s discretion. Any offers will be subject to references and relevant safeguarding checks.
We are a fast-growing, efficient and hands-on agency who understands the complex nature of education recruitment. We meet with all of our candidates in person as finding the right fit for both candidate and school is a key focus from the outset. Thames Teachers specialise in daily cover, short-term bookings and long-term and permanent recruitment in both primary and secondary schools across Central and Greater London. For more information about current opportunities, please contact one of our dedicated team members on 0207 2644 919.