A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Cover Supervisor to join a larger than average Secondary School in North London to start ASAP.
This large Secondary School based in the borough of Camden are looking to recruit an experienced Cover Supervisor to start ASAP. This is a happy and ambitious school where their priority is to give every student the individual attention and encouragement, they need to help them learn. The school building is bright and modern and class sizes are never above 30 students. From day one, each child is encouraged to discover their passions and build their own individual skills. They have an outstanding careers programme that guides every child’s journey towards the world of work. The school is a happy and welcoming community where every child has room to grow and develop.
Ofsted states ‘Leaders are accurate in their evaluation of the school’s work and are ambitious to raise standards quickly. The schools enrichment programme is broad and divers, contributing well to pupils’ personal development and preparing them for life in modern Britain.’
Here lies the opportunity to join not only a great school, but a very supportive team of Cover Supervisors. You are required to provide cover for whole classes during the short-term absence of class teachers. The main responsibilities for the successful Cover Supervisor are:
– To deliver and supervise work that has been set by the class teacher ensuring that students remain on task and that high standards are maintained
– To supervise and manage the behaviour of students in line with the schools behaviour policies
– To respond to any questions or queries from students to the best of your ability
– To follow the schools procedures in order to deal with any immediate problems or emergencies
– To ensure that all work is collated at the end of the lesson in order to be passed onto the relevant class teacher
– To report on any positive or negative behaviours, providing a smooth handover to class teacher
You will also on occasion be required to:
– Participate in school performance management processes and CPD
– To follow the schools policies and procedures at all times
– To be responsible for ensuring that all teaching areas are maintained and kept tidy at all times
The school are looking to recruit a competent Cover Supervisor ASAP. They require someone who is able to commit to at least the remainder of the academic year.