Thames Teachers are working with a number of Secondary Schools across South London who are looking for Cover Supervisors on a daily basis to cover sickness and absence. Cover supervision is a great opportunity for individuals to gain teaching and classroom experience before completing a PGCE.
The main duties of a Cover Supervisor are:
• Supervising the cover work set by the absent Teacher.
• Ensuring the children have the required resources and knowledge to complete the work set by the Teacher.
• Managing the behaviour of pupils during the lesson to ensure all work is completed to a high standard.
• Being on hand to assist with any question the children may have regarding the work.
• Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies.
• Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
·Experience of working with children within a school setting ( Ideally secondary)
·Strong classroom presence and ability to manage behaviour as and when needed,
·Ability to build a rapport with children, staff and parents
·Bachelor’s Degree/Equivalent (Please note this is desired but not essential)