A Science Technician is required for a September start at a large secondary school based in Lewisham. The role will be a 1 year contract in the first instance with the view to be made permanent in September 2019.
They are a mixed 11 – 18 secondary comprehensive school based in the heart of Lewisham and have a specialist Arts College Status. The sports provision in the school is outstanding and they have repeatedly won the accolade of the best sports school in the borough of Lewisham and are the hub school for excellence in sport. The school has outstanding facilities and a modern learning environment which inspires young people to be successful.
The school have gone from strength to strength since the last ofsted inspection and are delighted to have improved on GCSE results for the third successful year running.
The successful candidate will have a science -based degree, and solid understanding of Health and Safety with a laboratory and COSSH. Previous school technician experience is essential to be considered for this role. The duties will include:
– Preparation of stock solutions and maintaining glassware in classrooms
– Preparing practical lessons prior to lessons and delivering to the classrooms
– General up-keep of Science Technician laboratory
– Carrying out regular health and safety checks on laboratories, preparation rooms and stores and provide technical support and health and safety advice to staff and students;
– Helping pupils during lessons where required
– Implementing procedures and regulations involving safe disposal of waste material