A unique SEN TA opportunity has arisen at a primary school in Hackney for late October 2018. A mainstream primary school based in the London borough of Hackney has an opening for an LSA to join the school on a full time basis in October 2018. The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will be working within the school’s SEN provision and will involve some 1-1 and group-based work.
As some of the day is less structured the SENCo is looking for someone who can take initiative with interacting and setting up play activities for pupils with autism and learning difficulties. Applicants who have an interest in furthering their career as an SEN professional or are interested in becoming a teacher are strongly encouraged to apply. The position will involve running some speech and language interventions and while SEN experience isn’t essential, a willingness and genuine commitment to the children’s needs is essential.
• SEN Teaching Assistant in Hackney
• Autism, Speech and Language and Communication Difficulties
• Long term, full time contract
• Pay rate from £70-£85 per day based on experience
• Late October 2018
At Thames Teachers and Opogo we are searching for an outstanding SEN Teaching Assistant who is passionate about making a real difference to the lives of primary pupils. This primary school, based in the inner London borough of Hackney, can offer a great experience of working in a primary school setting and could be the platform to kick-start your career in a mainstream primary school.
The school offers a range of opportunities for Teaching Assistants. There are regular training courses on offer, plus the option of taking extracurricular activities. To be considered for this full time SEN Teaching Assistant role you will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Academically proficient in English and Maths
• Enthusiastic and able to work with SEN children
• Experienced at working with pupils in a mainstream/SEN school-based setting
• Qualified at degree level or have relevant SEN qualifications
• Available to work full time for the rest of the academic year
• Available to start work in October 2018
If you feel you meet the criteria and are interested in this SEN Teaching Assistant job then please do not hesitate to call.